What makes the perfect post workout meal? One that will help rebuild your muscles, give you energy, and keep you full! That means a combo of BOTH protein, carbs, and a tiny bit of fat. Make sure to eat within 30 to 1 hr post workout for maximal benefits!
#1. BAKED APPLE SUPREME
1 large apple
2 teaspoons granulated sweetener, honey or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
3/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
1 tablespoon chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. Peel the apple (this is optional) and dice or slice thin.
2. Place apples in a bowl, mug or Mason jar and sprinkle with sweetener and cinnamon.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes. Carefully remove wrap, top with yogurt, and serve.
Calories: 274 | Protein: 18g | Fat: 5g | Net Carbs: 37g | Fiber: 6g
#2. VEGAN CRUNCH CAKES
2 rice cakes
2 tablespoons almond butter
1⁄2 cup raspberries (or sliced strawberries)
1. Spread one tablespoon almond butter on each rice cake.
2. Top with berries, and serve.
Calories: 292 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 19g | Net Carbs: 20g | Fiber: 8g
#3. BANANA CHEESECAKE PUDDING
1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
1/2 ripe medium banana
2 tablespoons granola
1 teaspoon honey (or stevia to taste)
1. Add the cottage cheese and banana to a small food processor or mini blender.
2. Process until smooth. Top with granola and sweetener.
3. If desired, stir sweetener into the purée with granola and freeze overnight in popsicle molds for a true “grab and go” post-workout meal.
Calories: 221 | Protein: 14g | Fat: 5g | Net Carbs: 33g | Fiber: 4g
♥ Get all my workout calendars and read my blog:
♥ MY ACTIVEWEAR:
♥ Get the Blogilates App FREE in the App Store or Google Play Store!
♥ INSTAGRAM: @Blogilates
♥ SNAPCHAT: @Blogilates
Cassey Ho is an award-winning fitness instructor, entrepreneur and online personality. She is the creator of Blogilates, the #1 female fitness channel on Youtube. In a revolutionary partnership, Cassey’s unique format, POP Pilates© which launched on Youtube in 2009, has become a live class that can be taken at every 24 Hr Fitness gym in the US. She’s the author of the best-selling book, Hot Body Year Round and is the designer of her own activewear line, POPFLEX.
Blogilates and oGorgeous Inc. strongly recommend that you consult with your physician before beginning any exercise program.
You should be in good physical condition and be able to participate in the exercise.